Wednesday, 12 February 2014

TED Talks - Geoffrey Canada


After watching this video I thought about what Geoffrey Canada spoke about. Geoffrey Canada helps children who are in poverty and follows them from birth to college age to ensure the cycle of poverty is not repeated and continued. He demonstrates good examples of why the education systems need to change as they are failing and demonstrates that we need a change and without failure there is no progression to better ways. I believe this video is valuable to have on my blog as it is very relevant to what is happening in the world today, my studies at university and also my future career. It makes you think twice about things. Although he speaks about the United States of America what he talks of is true for the United Kingdom also. Our PISA scores are very low and little is being done to improve them. I have put this video on my blog so that you can watch it and it will more than likely begin to make you think of his views and attitudes and wonder if a different education system would benefit children. Hope you enjoy this video as much as I have and relate to and agree with his argument for change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment